Onward Search has a great new opportunity with one of our best clients in Richmond, Virginia. This client is seeking a UX Design Strategist that takes pride in their work yet has a humble approach. This individual should also be able to contribute from end-to-end on projects and employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions.
This opportunity for a freelance UX Design Strategist role has an immediate start onsite at our clients Richmond, Virginia office. If you have a passion for solving complex problems and the power of strategic design, apply right now!
- Work in partnership with product management
- Lead the UX process from discovery to delivery (craft research plans, learning agendas, lead design concept, and experimentation approaches).
- Build empathy and be an advocate for customers through planning, facilitation, and participation in human-centered research and design.
- Synthesize large amounts of data into coherent and focused insights.
- Translate user needs and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Meet with and have collaborative conversations with people across the org who come at experience design from different angels (Risk, Al, Brand, Developer Platform, Tools, etc.).
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers, product and tech partners.
- Be a leader and mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of UX Design and working with large Enterprise teams
- Proficient experience with Data Visualization
- At least 1 year of experience using Sketch, prototyping, and using tools such as InVision
- At least 3 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 3 years of experience with user research logistics and facilitation
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- At least 2 years of agency experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Data Visualization, prototyping, and using tools such as InVision.
- At least 7 years of visual design
- At least 1-year experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- Experience with illustration, and storyboarding
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
Apply today to learn more about this job today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.