Our client, a top financial company, is looking for an experienced, passionate User Experience Designer to design web applications for bank employees.
The ideal candidate loves sinking their teeth into complex problems, collaborating cross-functionally, and devising elegant, powerful solutions. This role requires a high level of critical thinking and performs all UX tasks for an Agile team, including initial research and analysis, wireframes and prototypes, usability testing, and UX QA of builds. A successful candidate is also self-motivated and able to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Analyze and interpret business requirements that often include complex workflows and financial data
- Lead UX discovery, including incisive questions that make the most of limited time with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts
- Create artifacts that help clarify business and user needs as well as current and future user flows (e.g., personas, scenarios, flow diagrams, sitemaps)
- Develop and document information architecture, screen concepts, functionality, and interaction design using Axure RP
- Research and apply best practices, reuse existing patterns, and work within a visual style guide – except when it's not the best way to meet the current business and user needs
- In that case, create smart, new solutions and patterns
- Professionally present UX concepts and deliverables, advocate for the optimal user experience, and facilitate feedback sessions
- Plan, moderate, and report on usability tests
- Collaborate with Business Systems Analysts, who create detailed technical specifications, and with developers, who advise on technical feasibility and options
- Support development and QA teammates during grooming, build, and testing, to answer questions, ensure the vision stays intact, and perform UX QA
- Help your project team deliver solutions that give the business and end users as much value as possible, within technical, timeline, and regulatory constraints
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of cross-functional teams
- Effective at juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Expert understanding of UX methodologies, and ability to select the right tool; at the right time from a well-stocked UX toolbox
- Great design sensibility, with great attention to detail
- Ability to accept and resolve critique gracefully
- Familiarity with current design trends and web development technologies
- Professional portfolio demonstrating problem-solving abilities and outlining level of participation for each project
- Comfortable in a corporate environment
- 3+ years working on information architecture and interaction design of websites
- 3+ years leading user experience design on projects, including client/stakeholder interaction
- 1+ years using tools for interactive prototyping like Axure RP (true interactivity, not just linking hot spots to a different page/design like InVision's normal function)
- Experience with Axure; our primary tool for wireframing and prototyping
- Experience in digital agency, financial services, cloud apps, enterprise apps, or large eCommerce sites
- Visual design skills and/or understanding
- Ability to advise on nomenclature, and draft clear and concise interface text
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB