Onward Search is hiring an experienced User Experience Designer in Columbus, OH with a full relocation package!!! We are looking for early ideation work in your portfolio!
- This position is a top level contributor focused on user experience design.
- Looking for expertise in user experience methodologies and best practices and will be responsible for determining the “desirability” of opportunities by conceptualizing, visualizing, and designing new products, services, experiences, and even businesses.
- Team collaboration leading the team through the design process, translating key user insights and team brainstorms into actual “things” that could be created to meet those needs.
- Create low fidelity conceptual representations (sketched or produced) of those ideas.
- Partner with researchers to help take that idea into testing with real users, iterating to medium to higher fidelity concepts as more is learned…with many launching into the market. May specialize in one or multiple design roles such as interaction design, information architecture, content, user experience strategy or other specialization as the function grows.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Provide top-level consultation in user experience design to support the company's overall product goals and objectives. Delivers on the implementation of user experience project plans.
- An expert in user experience design to support superior customer experiences.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging user experience design methodologies in pursuit of other key objectives including business goals and strategies.
- Provide expert consultation in identifying and executing strategic user experience design partnerships.
- Supports the evaluation of success in meeting user experience goals of effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
- May oversee a variety of collaborative relationships with business leaders, project leaders, vendors, etc. Provides consultation on service evaluations regarding a variety of outside consulting service vendors.
- Acts as a source of user experience design expertise for direction, mentoring, and guidance for less experienced staff. It is sought as a resource for resolution of the most complex user experience design problems.
- Acts as a source of expertise in one or more user experience design functions: interaction design, visual design, creative technology, user research, content, user experience strategy, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Skills & Experiences:
Undergraduate studies in business administration, marketing, human-computer interaction, psychology, graphic design, communications or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Typically 5-10 years’ experience within the field of user experience design. The ideal candidate will produce low fidelity wireframes with a background in information architecture.
Knowledge: Expert knowledge in user experience design best practices.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent communications skills (written and verbal). Clear user experience design focus; familiarity with emerging technologies and the ability to integrate new technologies to user experience designs. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively as part of a team. Strong project management skills; ability to perform well on multiple concurrent projects while working under tight timelines. Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Does this sound like your experience and skills set? Apply today with your resume and portfolio!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.