Onward Search is currently seeking an experienced UX Designer for a 6-month extendable contract assignment in Portland, OR. Our client, a premiere eCommerce brand is seeking an individual well versed in native mobile design working on campaigns for both Android and iOS. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
As a UX Designer you will partner with cross-functional teams create delightfully intuitive mobile interfaces that address user needs. In this role, you will participate in the entire design process from discovery to validation. You will use your design skills and creativity to embrace new business opportunities and drive impact through innovation. You will tirelessly advocate for the end user. You have strong interaction design skills underpinned by strong knowledge of mobile design best practices.
You have a passion for making insanely great products. You embody a balanced, mature approach to UX, including skills in the disciplines of Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, and User Research.
Your understanding of human psychology and behavior (and the methods to observe and measure it) inform your work. You draw from a diverse set of techniques and tools to communicate design, including wireframes, flows, mockups and prototypes. You work closely with developers to ensure your designs are technically well considered and feasible. A close collaboration with product managers helps you prioritize the work that will have the biggest positive impact for our users and our business.
What you bring to the table:
- A passion for your craft – You have your finger on the pulse of design and UX trends. You are inspired by best-in-class user experiences, and excited by problem solving.
- Valued contributor – You are comfortable with ambiguity, understand the conversation between business and user requirements, and are technical enough to work closely with developers.
- Excellence in communication – You have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. You confidently speak about the rationale of your design solutions from a user-centered perspective.
- Strong team player - Standout interpersonal skills. You build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things. You are willing to share your point of view without dismissing others.
- Hands on design skills – Your work demonstrates knowledge of user centered-design principles and trends. You are comfortable creating thoroughly considered wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and prototypes within tight timelines.
- You have a track record of applied creativity. You maintain an open mind and are not afraid to explore unique, new solutions alongside more conventional solutions.
- Strong interaction design and visual design skills.
- A balanced approach to using analytics data and qualitative user research inform your design.
- Mastery of the tools necessary to articulate, test, and socialize design solutions.
- BS/BA in User-centered design, HCI, Cognitive Science, or related field preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.