Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX Designer working out of our clients San Jose, CA office. We are currently seeking this candidate on a 6 month extendable contract basis. Apply today to speak with one of our team members to learn more!
Who you are:
You must have a strong understanding of various platforms (iOS, Android, web… AR, TV and wearables experience is a plus) and a perspective on appropriate experiences for each. You will have a proven track record of delivering experiences that align with business strategy and delight customers. You will work closely with engineering, product, design and marketing. You need to be empathetic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences and improve existing products that power the world’s largest e-commerce marketplace.
What you bring to the table:
- Create world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learning and customer feedback
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, prototypes, and creative spots.
- Communicate your design work and negotiate future direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
- Curious mind and an appetite for learning
- A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
- Passion for the craft and the ability to showcase ideas with the latest design and prototyping tools
- A user-centric and strategic approach
- A point of view on the design and technology trends that will shape the future of our industry
You might be a fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as an interaction designer or similar role
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work.
- Ability to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision or equivalents
- Experience partnering with product and developers to deliver great experiences
Considered a bonus if you:
- Able to work independently, manage uncertainty and switch between discovery and delivery tracks in a single conversation
- Experience in visual design, prototyping, user research, motion design, design sprints
- Experience designing for ecommerce, financial products or with complex information sets
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.