Our client, is a stealth-mode FinTech start-up that seeks to automate the paperwork associated with home improvements, is seeking a UX Designer to join their growing Product team!
The UX Designer will report directly to the Head of Product/Design and will have a great opportunity to make impact at the early stages of a well-funded startup staged for growth! This role offers amazing flexibility: you have the ability to work remotely the majority of the week, only going into their office in San Mateo Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Their team is focused on bringing peace of mind to homeowner renovation. You'll work with seasoned innovators from FinTech and AI from organizations including Google, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, Prosper etc. They are looking for a UX Designer who is excited about the prospect of working quickly and collaboratively. This person will thrive on solving ambiguous problems and doesn’t shy away from imperfect requirements or design specifications.
- Conducting user research and testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Work directly with Product and Engineering to build easy to use and visually sound interfaces.
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Create product prototypes
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Ability to work very quickly and iteratively with a tight timeline.
- Ownership of projects across a native app and web UI.
- Manage your own time and accountability to deliverables.
- 2+ years of UX design epxerience in either an agency or in-house setting.
- Knowledge of modern design tools.
- InVision Studio and familiarity with Material Design is a plus.
- Local to Bay Area required for full time role.
- An emphasis on visual and interaction design.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.