Our healthcare client is seeking a UX DESIGNER who can manage the UX, UI, Research, Design for a busy HR department's website/portal.
This is a 6 month contract, 40 hrs/wk onsite in Oakland, CA. *Potential to convert to full time for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate has worked with vendor/products that may have design and ux limitations and can find user experience solutions within those limitations. This role oversees the vendor and it's team of ux designers while simultaneously participating in the design, the research, and the user experience. You will be documenting requirements, presenting new ideas and creating prototypes for the vendor to use based on testing and research. You'll work with internal teams such as Creative, Technology, Product Management, Marketing to determine what improvements and changes need to be requested from the vendor.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years in user experience
- BA in related field
- Excellent communicator between client and vendors as well as internally with teams that are affected by the ux of this web portal
- UX Design, UI Design, UX Research experience
- Able to provide prototypes, workflow plans, wireframes, design elements to the outside vendor and their team of designers and oversee the results
- Have an understanding of limitations of the portal and constantly try to improve the user's experience despite those limits
- Accustomed to working alone and being self-motivated
- Maintain a professional representation of the client to the vendor when working alongside them
- Experience with HR, intranets and personalized user experiences needed
- Experience with UserZoom preferred
- Use of Axure and Sketch required
- Prefer Agile but similar tools ok
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.