Onward Search is currently seeking an experienced UX Design professional for a 2 month extendable contract position working out of our clients McLean, VA office. We’re looking for a tech-minded UX designer who is passionate about creating magical experiences between the digital and physical worlds. But, above all, we’re looking for an extremely motivated thought partner who gets stuff done. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
Day to Day Overview:
- Own, drive, and present bodies of product design to stakeholders across disciplines
- Work collaboratively with digital and physical designers, product managers, and tech teams
- Deliver superior creative and innovative products across digital and physical experiences
- Independently analyze and conduct market research to evaluate existing products and programs already in the wild
- Have familiarity and skills across the design spectrum from research to iteration and implementation
- Execute proper and innovative work for digital products
- Play with multiple platforms and technologies in order to define and implement innovative steps and leaps in the human banking experience
A typical week in this role might look like:
- Working with Product Managers to define and prioritize their near- and long-term goals.
- Joining sprint planning with product management and tech teams to prioritize the implementation of new designs and features, and sharing that back with the design team.
- Conducting field research or leading a service blueprinting workshop with a range of stakeholders.
- Participating in empathy interviews or user testing as we iterate and bring new functionality to scale. Synthesize and raise insights for path forward.
- Designing or giving input on anything from wireframes, to app flows, to physical experience designs.
- Catching up with one of our business analysts to better understand the business cases for the team’s workload.
- Joining 400+ designers across the organization for a lunch and learn session every Thursday.
- Leading, shaping, guiding, and mentoring other designers in their work— including everything from empathy research to pixel perfect designs, while helping removing obstacles.
- Reporting in to design management on progress of work, vision, roadmap, and resourcing needs
- Joining a team retro to look back over the past week and discuss what is working, not working and sharing new ideas around ways to improve the culture and collaboration
- At least 3 years delivering product design across multiple devices
- At least 3 years’ experience within User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or Interaction Design
- Willingness and ability to jump in and learn
- Experience working end-to-end across the design process because research, testing, and iteration is a large part of what drives our work.
Experience with or knowledge of hardware, front-end code, or 3D-modeling software
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.