Onward Search is looking for an Experience Designer with a human-centered mindset to help create and drive the next generation to join one of their premiere financial clients in New York City. Your design work will have reach and impact on a massive scale in the financial services sector while working in a creative, dynamic and fast pace environment.
This role starts immediately and is remote for the time being, with the intention of eventually going on site. If you're interested in hearing more, apply today!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the end-to-end design process contributing to the generation, critique and iteration of digital products and services across various financial touch points, channels and entire eco-systems
- Plan and conduct user research with current and potential customers, in close collaboration with design and business leaders in the organization
- Synthesize large bodies of research data to provide insights, identify opportunities, and generate conceptual frameworks
- Translate and bridge research to tangible design opportunities and outputs (often times playing at the intersection of UX and Service Design)
- Facilitate co-creative sessions (e.g. user research, brainstorming, concepting) with key stakeholders
- Create tailored artifacts such as presentations, reports, visual maps, prototypes, storyboards, service blueprints, journey maps, personas, etc. to help our stakeholders understand and drive actionable paths forward
- Drive design thought leadership internally and externally across the firm
- Degree in Design Research, Service Design, Design Strategy, Interaction Design or other design-related field
- +3-5 years industry experience in human-centered and/or participatory methods of design to identify unmet customer, market and institutional needs with demonstrated track record of creating new design concepts, services or business strategies to meet those needs
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Proficiency in design thinking, design research, service design methods/mindsets
- Experience designing applications and services that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints
- Experience working in multi-faceted and complex stakeholder environments; working closely with product, business, technical and design leaders
The Softer Required Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment balancing and managing diverse stakeholder needs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to present up to C-level executives
- Ability to collaborate across various functional areas in the organizations and make the case for change through design
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB