Onward Search is looking for an exciting UX Designer for a premier financial client for their Plano (currently remote) office. Our client is looking for a UX Designer who can help us unpack and improve the experience for over 50,000 technologists across the firm to create a best in class environment for our Engineering community. You will join an ambitious program that brings a voice of the Engineer to transform our tooling and processes, and untangle complex problems from ideation to delivery across the Software Development Lifecycle.
To succeed at this position you should be a passionate and curious generalist, who likes to gets hands on to deliver high-quality solutions and thrives an innovative, collaborative and delivery-focused environment. This role is currently remote and a contract, but can go full time so we're looking for a candidate in the Plano Area.
What you'll do:
- Research, design, prototype user-centric designs with rapid testing and iteration
- Support Software Engineers and Product teams to evolve designs during discovery and understand how designs translate to delivery / implementation
- Design and innovate solutions within our product areas like Artificial Intelligence model creation, Data Design, IT Service Management, DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Understand and apply accessibility to designs
- Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions, bringing the team along your journey
- Support the Experience team in building out outcome-driven best practices that have strong roots in the methodology
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in UX/HCI or related field or equivalent experience, 2+yrs of UX Design experience
- Proven track record in at least one design pillar: user research, interaction design/UX or visual design
- Experience with generative and evaluative, summative and formative research methods
- Experience working in agile / lean methodologies and facilitating design thinking workshops
- Experience with UX software and supporting tools to convey intent (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com or similar)
- Excellent stakeholder management, influence and partnership skills, with ability to advocate for UX and communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience delivering world class experiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB