Our client is looking to hire a UX DESIGNER for a 6+ month contract in LA or NY. This person should be a hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Project Management, Developers, Marketing, Business and Compliance. This person will be responsible for creating engaging visual content that communicates brand and user needs with standard application designs for multiple devices as well as produce digital UI assets including low/high-fi user flows, complex UI design systems and interactive Axure prototypes. They will also have the ability to translate business goals and KPIs into smart, tactical design solutions and to convert designs from requirements based on cross-team feedback into consistent layouts, templates and uniform brand of the UI. And above all, this candidate needs to harness UX principles, HCI standards and be able to defend design decisions when challenged.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Build page navigation and define infrastructure architecture
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. design consistency and interactions)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on company brand
- The selected candidate must be able to work East/West Coast hours
- Prior experience at a fintech or a financial services organization is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as UX/UI Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Be an expert when working with Sketch, InVision and Axure with deep understanding of its features creating prototypes
- Working understanding of Microsoft Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, JIRA, Confluence
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB