Our client is seeking a UX Designer to combine exceptional craft in working through the details of a visual design with good problem-solving and communication skills. A master with Sketch + InVision or Figma and you can draw quick wireframes to communicate ideas. Great at collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to create designs that marry the best of user, business + technology thinking. And detail oriented.
What is your typical day?
- You will be collaborating with project teams comprised of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- You will be creating wireframes, UI design, and prototypes using modern design tools
- You will be sharing your work with designers, developers, and stakeholders across multiple teams
- You will be participating in user research and partnering with internal researchers
- You will be providing solutions for applications that aggregate data from multiple sources
- You will be collaborating with other UX designers and researchers offering advice and constructive feedback on design/usability reviews
- Creating wireframes, and detailed visual designs leveraging our design system
- Working with project teams and researchers to understand our users
- Working with business analysts + developers to define user stories and product backlogs
- Participating in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
- Presenting your ideas to stakeholders and advocating on behalf of the user
- Working with developers to realize and polish user experiences
- Actively contributing and using our common design language + design systems
- Mentoring and offering guidance to junior designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Graphic Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
- 5+ years or equivalent compelling experiences as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards
- 5+ years of experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
- A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives- write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
- Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
- Strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work
- Experience across multiple teams and release cycles working closely with design, product management + development to realize experiences using agile project management
- Master’s or other terminal degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
- You are a CUA (Certified Usability Analyst)
- You have experience in conducting UX Research
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB