We are expanding our UX design team in the New York City office and are looking for an energetic and customer-focused Senior UX Designer to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, content strategists and researchers, committed to designing the future of how people move their money. This position requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes, and contexts. You thrive in collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environments. You have worked on both mobile and web designs in the past. You can deliver clean, detailed wireframes following the design system with ease and efficiency. And, you are thrilled at the prospect of creating experiences that enable people to better manage their money.
- Work with product and tech partners to develop and understand design requirements
- Develop user experiences based on data and user research, that works within the design system
- Create prototypes for research sessions and to share with stakeholders
- Review working designs with design leads, content and accessibility leads and other strategic partners
- Finalize and deliver wireframes with designs that meet or exceed accessibility specifications, following release deadlines to ensure timely delivery of work
- Keep up-to-date with trends, techniques and software
- Contribute to design system and component libraries as necessary
- 3-5 years of experience designing end-to-end customer experiences and shipping products
- Strong UX design chops, visual design skills are a plus
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes for both research and as a tool to communicate solutions to stakeholders
- Self-starter and can work efficiently in a solo capacity, as well as collaborate effectively with content, research, tech, and product partners
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Receptive to feedback with the ability to rapidly iterate, concept, and prototype solutions
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Understanding of how design translates to code; skilled at partnering with scrum teams to realize the design vision
- Experience delivering for mobile and web platforms
- Experience developing solutions based on an existing design system
- Experience contributing to design system and component libraries as necessary
- Portfolio which demonstrates your design-thinking approach and delivery of user-centered product solutions
- Experience in fintech or a similar industry a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB