Our client a top financial company located in Los Angeles is looking to hire a UX DESIGNER for a long-term freelance need. This person will be responsible for creating and iterating digital concepts, user stories, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes focused on delivering intuitive user experiences for web and mobile platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions leveraging and building upon our Design System
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core functions, new functions, and features
- Develop and champion UX standards that follow our Design System; communicate and maintain those standards to ensure consistency and quality across all products
- Understand user behavior, expectations, and motivations
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research methods in collaboration with research and product teams to gain user insights
- Translate usability and research findings into new design iterations
- Present deliverables to product managers, development teams, and executive leadership
- Help build the UX design team practices, mindset, culture, and internal brand
- 5+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions in the finance industry
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate UX processes (Design Thinking), ideas, and creative solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete designs
- Really catch our eye with (Preferred Qualifications):
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with business partners, development partners, research & testing partners, product owners, and stakeholders
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and user research, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility standards
- Passionate about all things UX and the Design Thinking process
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB