Responsible for all stages of UX design and must think strategically while executing with great attention to detail. Must have the ability to successfully collaborate with other designers, product managers, and tech engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly, products as well as provide solutions for critical areas within the user flow. Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, absolute comfort working with HTML and CSS, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for the Web/Digital experiences. Help define the user model(s) and user interface for new and existing products and features. Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change. Concept and develop new and engaging experiences for the user base.
What you'll do:
- Research, design, prototype user-centric designs with rapid testing and iteration
- Support Software Engineers and Product teams to evolve designs during discovery and understand how designs translate to delivery/implementation
- Design and innovate solutions within our product areas like Artificial Intelligence model creation, Data Design, IT Service Management, DevOps, and Continuous Integration
- Understand and apply accessibility to designs
- Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions, bringing the team along your journey
- Support the Experience team in building out outcome-driven best practices that have strong roots in the methodology
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in UX/HCI or related field or equivalent experience, 2+yrs of UX Design experience
- Proven track record in at least one design pillar: user research, interaction design/UX, or visual design
- Experience with generative and evaluative, summative, and formative research methods
- Experience working in agile/lean methodologies and facilitating design thinking workshops
- Experience with UX software and supporting tools to convey intent (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com, or similar)
- Excellent stakeholder management, influence, and partnership skills, with the ability to advocate for UX and communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience delivering world-class experiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry-standard development tooling (Jenkins, Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Knowledge/understanding of DevOps concepts
- Proven strategic and critical thinking capabilities across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps, and portfolio delivery
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (Material Design, React, Bootstrap, AG-grid, responsive design, HTML, etc)
- Understanding of how to improve and contribute to a design system
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB