Our client, a cloud-based fintech SaaS company in New York City, is looking for a UX Lead to join their team.
This position will manage a small team of UX Designers, leading projects directly with the Head of Product Design and clients. This is a great time to join as you will contribute to the platform redesign that the company is about to undertake. Candidates must be local to the NYC area as team plans to resume on-site work in September.
What you'll be doing:
- Working as part of a small agile design team across various projects working with both internal stakeholders and clients
- Create innovative and compelling user-centered design experience across the finance, banking and energy spaces
- Lead discovery workshops that involve clients and key stakeholders including product managers, designers and engineers, among others
- Conduct user research (both qualitative and quantitative), leading the creation of research plans, being in the room to do interviews, creating discussion guides, etc.
- Synthesize all feedback into actionable recommendations
- Develop personas to communicate insights around user needs, goals, pain points and motivations
- Design user flows, storyboards, interactive prototypes and carry through to production ready files
- Clearly communicate the intent of your designs, taking the internal integrated team through persuasive discussion
- Own the creation of design systems, style guides and patterns to guide product managers and developers to fulfill designs as intended
- Continuously advocate for human-centered design to raise the bar of internal culture and practice
- Lead and mentor junior researchers and designers to deliver best in class design assets
- Other tasks may apply
- 8+ years of UX or Product Design experience
- SaaS Experience across applications, data and analysis products is strongly preferred
- Experience leading the design execution of a project/feature from concept through end user testing
- Experience in full product lifecycle from user testing, validation, prototyping and driving design workshops
- Expertise with Sketch and various prototyping tools such as Axure, UXPin, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile and Scrum environment
- Significant experience with design systems, information architectures and modular architecture
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB