Onward Search is currently seeking an UX Researcher for a long term extendable contract role working out of our clients San Jose, CA office. Our client, is at the forefront of leveraging the latest technology to redefine the landscape of how consumers utilize their products daily. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
- Design, plan and conduct user research, employing methods such as: remote usability, field studies, competitive evaluations, usability studies, RITE studies, surveys, diary studies, and other relevant approaches.
- Synthesize research findings from other data sources (including market research, site analytics and secondary research).
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on understanding user needs and behaviors.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions.
- Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to develop research plans
- Build empathy for our customers and users across the organization
Skills you bring to the table:
- 2+ years’ experience in user research
- Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, Cognitive Psychology or a related field
- Knowledge of research methods and tools for conducting research across devices and markets
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors
- Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form
- Knowledge of agile and lean development practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must
- Strong grasp of English language in order to communicate customer insights effectively
- Commerce experience a plus
- The ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility with cross-functional partners at any level
- Highly effective presentation, communication, and influencing skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.