Onward Search is on the hunt for a UX Researcher to join the team of a fast-growing entertainment tech company for a six month assignment. You will report to the Head of User Research and will provide support on analysis of data from a variety of studies including usability tests, semi-structured interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiries, surveys, etc.
- Collaborate with their recruitment vendor to screen, schedule, and coordinate research participants from the beginning to end of all studies
- Observe and take notes during usability sessions and interviews
- Oversee the Observer Room during research sessions and compile observer notes & summaries
- Review interview transcripts, develop a coding system, and code the text
- Identify and edit compelling video clips from research sessions using tools such as Camtasia
- Synthesize research findings into a clear and engaging narrative using video footage, key quotes, and other items to build audience empathy
- Support with study design, discussion guide creation, and moderation
- Qualitative user researcher with 3-7 years of experience with end-to-end research
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with live and remote usability studies, semi-structured interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiries, and surveys
- Ability to translate user research findings into product design recommendations
- Knowledge of both the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods
- Strong communication and writing skills: can ideate with a group, clearly articulate ideas, and extract feedback
- Experience in mobile and/or streaming apps is a huge bonus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.