Onward Search is seeking a UX Researcher to join the team of our automotive tech client for a three-month assignment. You will report to the Senior UX Researcher and will be responsible for various types of user and market research including design research/ethnography, interviews & focus groups, onsite & remote usability testing, usability benchmarking, and surveys.
- Through research, convey customer needs & pain points and provide actionable insights from a cross-section of research focused around customer-driven growth
- Partner with product owners & designers to determine what they would like to know about customers and work collaboratively with them to translate that into a study
- End-to-end project management of multiple ongoing projects including evaluating the type of research needed, creating a test plan, recruiting participants, conducting the research, analyzing results, and reporting
- Collaborate with market researchers to run quantitative survey research and then write & program surveys, interpret data, and construct a story from it
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of research experience in a consumer-focused, digital environment (either in-house or agency) and a degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Marketing, Business or similar
- Experience planning, executing, and reporting on prevalent types of user experience research including design/ethnographic research, qualitative usability studies (remote and in-person, moderated & unmoderated), heuristic analysis, usability benchmarking, surveys, and personas
- Strong analytical skills – experience working with a large amount of data, organizing it, identifying trends, providing insights, and working with internal teams to make recommendations and turn those into changes in the product
- Ability to think creatively and can communicate ideas and recommendations diplomatically, while maintaining focus on the user
- Keeps up-to-date on trends in usability research including remote testing, design thinking, Lean, customer journey mapping, etc.
- Experience with other types of market research such as quantitative methods, focus groups, panel/community management is a bonus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.