Onward Search has a new exciting role for a freelance UX Researcher who can start immediately onsite at our client’s San Francisco, CA office. Our client is looking for a UX Researcher that is able to, and enjoys, providing answers to the most challenging questions in the product’s design. To be successful in this position you must be self-motivated, collaborative, creative, and have the ability to research with swiftness. If this sounds like you, waste no time and apply right now!
- Proactively obtain research and metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that improve the design and business strategy.
- Conduct thoughtful research to help aid teams in grasping customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Collaborate with other teams (ex. Researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, engineers) to solve problems for better user experience.
- Additionally, cooperate with research partners to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts.
- Advise on how to best face research goals and questions so other partners don’t have to.
- Compile work that informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Solve design and business issues in a creative manner with multiple research approaches to make the experience simpler and more pleasant.
- Provide multiple options and recommendations with enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or another related field.
- Must have at least 3 years of previous professional research experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with user research specifically, highly preferred.
- Must have written and oral Native fluency or high proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Proficiency in formative and summative usability research methods and their application in fast-paced business.
- Previous involvement with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing is highly preferred.
- Proven experience of team work/collaboration.
- Knowledge of structuring un-moderated studies and moderating live studies.
- Incorporates other research to enhance work as well as keep track of latest industry developments and news.
- Adaptable and able to work effectively in time constraint and ever-changing environment without jeopardizing quality of work.
- Impeccable negotiation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, but not afraid to seek feedback.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.