Onward Search is hiring a UX Researcher on a 1-year contract basis for a government client with offices in downtown, Atlanta
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY Due to COVID-19, the client has agreed to allow the selected candidate to work remotely for the time being. However, the selected candidate must be available to report onsite as directed by the client
- This is a full-time (40-hours a week) opportunity
- Benefits are available through Onward Search for the duration of the contract term (must be contracting for 3-months or more)
As the UX Researcher/Tester, you will be working closely with the team’s Senior UI Designer to research best practices, enhance through design iteration, and conduct usability tests for the state’s enterprise Drupal platform. As part of the team dedicated to problem-first solutions development, you will need to understand the functionality and offerings of the platform and use that knowledge to test current and future solutions for state customers.
The UX Researcher/Tester will need to study user behavior and patterns, and meet with customers to understand business goals, review web analytics, write documentation, and write usability test scenarios. You will be our user expert and champion on how the system should work for our end users, keeping an eye on what is being developed and ensuring that it is on target and easy to use by the targeted end-users.
The best candidate is someone with experience in Drupal, and a passion for researching, testing, and designing user-focused solutions based on business problems. You should keep yourself updated with industry trends and best practices and translate that to how we as a state can lead by example within the realm of web solutions. You are a team player, and enjoy working closely with others to report, research, and explore solutions to challenges.
- Lead the UX Researcher/Tester role across all teams
- Be an active participant in planning and conducting content migrations for websites migrated from legacy systems to the new digital platform
- Collaborate with the platform team to design innovative, user-centric product solutions that satisfy our end users and meet agency business goals
- Conduct training for agency content managers using UX training materials and framework
- Champion design-thinking. Your work should foster a culture of design innovation and raise awareness of design methods
- Provide customer-focused leadership by working closely with the business, product, and technical teams to develop product strategy, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Set a high bar for customer experience. Build the right standards and processes to ensure that anything that ships meet a consistently high bar for brand, design, copy, and overall UX
- Develop and build relationships across teams and disciplines within the company to promote collaboration and efficiency
- Ensure our cross-platform web, mobile, and conversational user experiences support customer needs as well and drive towards measurable business goals
- Use market analyses and customer research findings to drive design decisions and reduce ambiguity.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary vendor teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion effective UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Participate in customer requirements gathering and discovery meetings. Support the acquisition team in presenting design work to stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy-in on the proposed approach
- Be deeply familiar with company goals and product roadmap
- Participate in content migrations for future sites to ensure sites adopt appropriate content models and types to be effective.
- Participate in internal and external projects as needed.
- Interact with agency stakeholders to gain buy-in and understand user best practices
- As needed to conduct testing, writing test scripts, and synthesize reports
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA in Design, Information Sciences, HCI, Psychology, or equivalent (Highly desired)
- User Experience Researcher/Tester/Interaction Designer/Information Architect (Required 5 Years)
- Content Management Systems (Required 5 Years)
- Drupal 7 or 8 (Highly desired)
- User-First Design Methodologies (Required 5 Years)
- Best Practice UX and UI Knowledge (Required 5 Years)
- Technical Knowledge of UX across iOS, Android, Mobile, and Desktop Web Platforms (Required 3 Years)
- Agile (Scrum) Methodology (Highly desired)
- Excellent Presentation Skills (Required)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB