Our client, a well-funded start-up digital agency, is looking for a Lead UX Designer to join their team. This is a managerial and executional role that will help shape the Digital Design practice going forward. The team is currently on a hybrid schedule, going into the office 3 days per week.
What you'll be doing:
- Working as part of a small agile design team across various client projects.
- Create innovative and compelling user-centered design experience across the cannabis, finance, and pharma industries.
- Lead discovery workshops that involve clients and key stakeholders including product managers, designers, and engineers, among others.
- Conduct user research (both qualitative and quantitative), leading the creation of research plans, being in the room to do interviews, creating discussion guides, etc.
- Synthesize all feedback into actionable recommendations.
- Direct UX and UI strategic and design requirements that support marketing goals.
- Develop personas to communicate insights around user needs, goals, pain points, and motivations.
- Design user flows, storyboards, interactive prototypes and carry them through to production-ready files.
- Clearly communicate the intent of your designs, taking the internal integrated team through persuasive discussion.
- Own the creation of design systems, style guides, and patterns to guide product managers and developers to fulfill designs as intended.
- Work with the Performance Analytics team to pull and analyze the effectiveness and ROI of Web/UX activities.
- Continuously advocate for human-centered design to raise the bar of internal culture and practice.
- Effectively manage your project workflow, partner with the team on resource allocation, status reports, etc.
- Lead and mentor junior researchers and designers to deliver best-in-class design assets.
- Must be able to travel when safe.
- Other tasks may apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Design, IA, HIC, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience of UX Design experience with some managerial responsibilities.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates a strong grasp and experience with the full UX/UI lifecycle and your role.
- Must have managed a team of UX Designers, UI Designers a plus.
- Demonstrate a clear proficiency with wireframing and prototyping.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, and InVision.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Miro a plus.
- Strong experience using Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- An understanding or experience working in an agile and waterfall environment.
- Experience designing and leading qualitative and quantitative research.
- Must be collaborative and have an interest in working with a diverse team of different disciplines.
- Can communicate your ideas with confidence backed up by research and facts.
- Ability to provide stand-up presentations internally and to clients.
Apply today to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB