Onward Search is hiring for a UX/UI Designer in Irving, TX! This is an on-site six month plus contract. Health benefits available during the contract period.
We are looking for talented and passionate Product Designers to join our growing UX Team. You will be responsible for applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver the experience of the products we build to be useful, usable and enjoyable. Working in an Agile XP environment, you will collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, developers, end-users and stakeholders to define, design, ship and iterate products.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment.
- Maintain a user-centred approach in design perspective and practice.
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- Ability to manage senior project stakeholders (internal & client) to help shape, define and manage ongoing expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies and expert skill with UX tools.
- Experience in developing rapid prototypes.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
- Open to feedback and engages in active listening.
- Have an interest in innovation and an unquenchable thirst to continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
- Work in pairs effectively with other product designers and/or other project team members that have complementary skills.
- Immerse in the details of a project, working on one engagement at a time.
- Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements.
- Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand.
- Create high-quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes.
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
- Contribute to and promote the on-going enhancement of the UX design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following UX disciplines: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design or Front-end development.
- Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Solid understanding of the user-centered design process.
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders and demonstrable experience of building successful business relationships.
- Strong communication skills. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users, and stakeholders.
- Experience using Lean UX methodology is strongly desired.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.