Onward Search has a new exciting opportunity for a freelance UX Writer. The opportunity is with one of our biggest clients who is looking for a UX Writer that will create helpful copy that guides the members through their journeys. Our client wants a candidate that is skilled at using language to simplify product interactions and help a user figure out what to do next, but also integrate the brand voice into those interactions.
This freelance UX Writer opportunity has an immediate start at our client’s office in San Francisco. If you focus on user needs, continuously improve your copy to increase user comprehension, and you love to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, apply for this opportunity today!
Day to Day:
- Make sure that the user flow is clear, concise, and on brand and voice.
- Collaborate with product management, business, research, creative and UX partners to develop a cohesive narrative across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Write copy for end-to-end product experience—everything from user interactions, tool tips, and buttons, to onboarding flows, app store assets, and emails.
- Ensure consistency of language and content across platforms and digital channels.
- Contribute to the conceptual design process, providing insights, recommendations, and copy to improve existing experiences
- At least 5 years of relevant writing experience that includes writing for consumer-facing products.
- Strong portfolio.
- Solid understanding and experience with the UX process (research, design, prototype, test) and use of empathy, logic, and hard data to inform content and language choices.
- Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task copy for the user interface that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
- Satisfaction from team collaboration and previous experience working closely with product managers and designers.
- Great time management skills, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.