Onward Search is looking for a Principal UI/UX Designer to join our client in the Financial space. This role, reporting to the Director of Design Engineering, will set the stage for the evolution of user experience in financial services. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to enable clients to fulfill their financial dreams.
The Principal UI/UX Designer will be working closely with a cross-functional team, this role will lead the maturity of the UI Kit and ensure the design of new components are flexible for the enterprise, validated through research, and clearly communicated thru documentation. Your background in systems thinking and devotion to good design and aesthetics will make you successful in this leadership role.
- Owning, building, and maintaining the design (UI Kit)
- Being accountable for quality control, re-usability, and definition of standards to support the Design System thru hands-on collaboration with developers and designers
- Assisting the Design System Lead in story writing, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies to drive the throughput of work in support of the Design System
- Driving a systems-based approach to designing and maintaining assets in Sketch (symbol management, shared libraries, naming conventions, etc.)
- Conducting UX research through standard techniques such as competitive analysis, usability testing, and surveys
- 8+ years experience in UI/UX design
- Development skills are a huge plus
- Hands on experience in designing and delivering a design system
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Experience designing for accessibility (WCAG, ADA, etc.)
- Expert level experience working with modern design tools: Sketch, InVision, Abstract & Figma, etc.
- Experience creating specs for UI deliverables, including states, behaviors and style
- Strong familiarity with Human Interface Guidelines (iOS) and Material Design Guidelines (Android)
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB