Our client, a transmedia studio that creates digital character, is seeking a Design/VFX Project Manager to join the team.
You will report to the Director of Design, and be responsible for:
- Be the glue that ties together the design team with clients, production, and all other departments
- Work closely with the Director of Design and the CG Supervisor to manage the production pipeline and ensure performance, consistency, and optimal workflow throughout the production process.
- Assist the Design Director & CG Supervisor in planning and running digital productions
- Implement and maintain project management systems to keep all team members on track and guide the various stages of all client projects.
- Consolidate feedback in creative reviews and effectively communicate changes to the production team.
- Work with the CG Supervisor to manage schedules, ticketing, milestones, project delivery and the proper cataloging of assets.
- Source and align talent, helping the team to grow in an optimized and sustainable manner.
- Negotiate and foster communication across cross-functional teams while protecting the team from any unproductive disruptions.
- Help build a trusting and safe environment for artists and designers with an emphasis on problem-solving and mutual respect.
- Help optimize processes to better align with the creative team's evolving needs and priorities.
- Continuously evaluate and communicate the status of ongoing projects, identify any bottlenecks or risks, manage expectations as needed.
- 6-10 years experience in production and operations in VFX, post-production, and/or design based agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, internally and client-facing.
- Proactively anticipate and remove impediments to keep teams highly productive
- Knowledge of Agile approaches to project management
- Strong problem solving abilities and a can-do mindset.
- Seeking kind people who are endlessly curious with passion for music, contemporary art, fashion, and/or pop culture is a plus.
- Strong understanding of VFX workflows, pipelines and the creative process.
- Primary problem-solver with and the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the production team, as well as with the creative and art departments.
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.