Our client, a small, a privately held agency with a culture of collaborative and curious individuals, is seeking a UX Leader to join their team. In this high-level, high visibility role, you will work closely with the leadership team, reporting into the President of the organization.
This role holds responsibility for leading the creative and UX vision for the firm and client business, as well as managing and mentoring the design and UX teams. The ideal candidate understands the clients’ brands, strategies, and business objectives, and leads and manages the team to translate that strategy into an innovative and unexpected brand and digital experiences.
What makes this agency special is their people, so we are seeking a talented, creative, innovative thinker who is smart and relatable. Walking into these offices feels like coming home as all those who work here demonstrate ownership of their success and the success of the firm.
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys leading the UX and creative process, while at the same time is still so passionate about the work that you are willing to roll up your sleeves and wireframe and prototype along with your team when needed.
- Sees the bigger picture (for both client business and new business opportunities) and excels at inspiring and driving interdisciplinary teams forward to meet it
- Translates client strategies and agency insights into innovative branded digital experiences
- Leads client UX strategy sessions including whiteboard ideation session and documenting outcomes
- Understands, stays on top of, and shares UX best practices and digital trends with teams and clients, including marketing technology stacks to advise for best project outcomes
- Jumps in and develops work product that is on strategy and aligned with client expectations and goals, while unraveling multi-level and/or complicated subject matter and simplifing it to determine the best solutions
- Contributes to new business development including UX related content, attending meetings and actively working to aid the team in booking new business/clients
- Seeks out and presents at industry events on behalf of the firm to build awareness and grow UX book of business
- Partners with Vice President of Strategy and Account Planning to oversee client strategies, research methodologies and analysis for best project/client outcomes
- Collaborates cross discipline to deliver best in class work product ultimately envisioning and executing experiences that delight the user and client, alike
- 10 + years of experience in the creative/digital space with a track record of managing a team and portfolio that demonstrates it.
- Thorough understanding of determining and gathering business and technical requirements, information architecture, usability and user-centered design methods, with experience building user stories, wireframes, concepts/prototypes and information visualizations.
- Proven conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear visual representations.
- Solid history of building dynamic brand experiences both digital and traditional.
- Ability to both delegate and execute creative.
- An expert understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision.
- General understanding of marketing automation best practices and legal requirements.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.