Onward Search is looking for a Video Editor with a passion for editing sports footage to join our A-list client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, direct hire opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: While this role sits onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market who meet the qualifications and are willing to relocate to Atlanta are encouraged to apply. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- You will edit, create, and deliver content based upon requests put forth by our clients and partners, utilizing your own creative and technical prowess, experience, and talent in a fast-paced, deadline-driven production environment.
- You should be independent with highly effective communication skills and an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, team environment.
- A fresh eye and prior experience elevating good cuts to great ones are keys to success in this role, as are a passion and knowledge of various sports leagues including players, teams, and gameplay.
- You MUST be passionate about sports and working within the sports broadcast industry. Prior experience editing for major sports leagues and high profile sporting events is STRONGLY preferred and multiple relevant samples should be available for review in the submitted portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Video Production, or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Video Editor, preferably in a broadcast or advertising agency environment.
- Prior experience editing broadcast video for sports such as the NFL, PGA, NCAA, or MLB, including high profile projects and events like The Masters, the Final Four, March Madness, the World Series, or the Super Bowl with a specific focus on promo pieces, teases, and sizzles.
- A passion for all things sports.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, specifically Adobe Premiere.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- A conceptual thinker who isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table and evangelize for their implementation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-driven production environment and work independently across multiple concurrent projects.
- An easy-going personality with a high degree of self-motivation and an eagerness to grow and learn.
- A dynamic, high energy reel is REQUIRED and should be submitted at the time of application. The inclusion of multiple executed high-end sports promos and trailers is STRONGLY preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.