We’re looking for a Video Editor to be responsible for shooting and editing video content. The Video Editor works intimately with the Producer, Account Manager, , and Designers to produce the highest quality video content and uphold the expectation of creative excellence for our Studio. This position requires storytelling through shooting video with high-end camera equipment (RED), editing with the Adobe Creative Cloud, the latest animation and VFX techniques to meet all creative needs, as well as a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, accurately executing creative to meet tight deadlines.
- 5+ years of professional experience creating branded video communications (motion graphics mixed with live footage) under fast turnarounds.
- Proficiency in Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Professional Video Editing required: Motion Tracking, Keying, Rotoscoping, Compositing, Color Correcting, Animating (2D/3D), Typography.
- Professional Shooting required: Strong ability to shoot various types of video, composition/framing, selective focus.
- Ability to use natural lighting, and the ability to set up lighting in a studio or indoor setting.
- Expert with all relevant video formats, codecs, and output specs.
- Strong understanding of current design and animation trends.
- Content creation: video concepting, storyboarding, shooting video, production of motion graphics with the ability to integrate multiple assets into creative videos.
- High level of Finishing skills including graphic design, integration, audio optimization, color correction.
- Ability to ensure quality control and consistency on projects, supervising color grading and sound mixing.
- Weave stories out of video footage and make creative decisions regarding the editing of projects based on written scripts or input from the studio m team and clients.
- Select music tracks, photography, stock footage, iconography, graphic elements and integrate all into finished videos for internal and external viewing.
- Experience with RED camera equipment and software is a plus.
- Design for motion graphics to include color theory, digital effects, typography, iconography, and illustration.
- Maintain job folders, assets, and other project-related documentation.
- Experience using project management software for project timelines, time tracking, and project.
- Demo reel must demonstrate storytelling, optimal story pacing, use of typography, digital effects compositing, use of live action and motion graphics.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Occasional travel required.
- Cinema 4D and Element 3D, Davinci Resolve (great to have, not required).
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.