Our client, a social media content company, is on the hunt for an Video Event Technician to join their team.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the set-up, operation and troubleshooting of the audio-visual and videoconferencing equipment within all conference and training rooms.
- Operation of cameras for archival video capture, including lighting, shot composition and audio for playback on company VOD website.
- Operation of remote recording solutions such as Polycom Capture Server and screen capture software such as Screenflow.
- Receives notification of planned/unplanned events, determines requirements in support of the event; coordinates via calendar for conferences, and associated peripheral and administrative support required for each.
- Coordination and operation of external-facing Webinars, including identification of client, tech and partner roles.
- Troubleshooting of client laptops before the event start to ensure the best possible presentation experience during the event.
- Escalate issues encountered during conference room events promptly to conference room escalation tech for immediate resolution, or eventual maintenance. Add these to team-facing documents for team-wide visibility.
- Communication with the team regarding recorded materials to ensure that they are edited and posted promptly.
- Capture, edit, compress, and archive digital videos according to the established practices for the Event Operations team.
- Append detailed metadata to digital files to enhance search functionality
- Assist with other archival projects as needed.
- Operate cross-functionally within the team to support audio, video conferencing, projection, and other event technology equipment.
- Contributes and abides by SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing an event ticketing system.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding event support efforts.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Strong interest in technology and agility at learning new products and features.
- 5 years prior work experience with a minimum high school diploma.
- 3-4 years specifically within the video production space, with combined 7 years working knowledge of audiovisual equipment with proficiency in lighting, sound, video recording, and data projection along with experience with the technical challenges and problem-solving needs in an event production environment.
- 1-3 years of customer support experience in a technical environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Able to troubleshoot Windows and Apple based Operating Systems.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to motivate and focus cross-functional teams to reach challenging goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a big plus.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB