Love combat design and have the chops to prove it? Our video game client in Seattle, Washington needs a Senior Combat Designer. Must love game combat, have strong experience in the space and focus on expanding combat systems. Must be onsite in Seattle Washington for this. full-time perm position.
- Must have experience with complex combat systems, tuning and balancing.
- Be comfortable collaborating with designers, audio, sound, animators,VFX
- Must be okay with designing, prototyping. and building new combat content for the best player experience
- Must have a senior level strong design eye to make decisions and identify new content, where it fits, categories, what weapons to use, new tools and activities for players to leverage
- This role is senior yet roll up your sleeves, hands-on and in-engine position.
- Must have strong experience iterating on live balance
- Ability to evaluating player sentiment
- 4-10+ years experience in video game development
- Must have held a design and gameplay scripting role prior
- Needs to improve combat feel
- Unreal Engine to prototype your designs with placeholder FX, Animations, and Audio
- Unreal Blueprints experience
- Experience reviewing telemetry data
- Needs experience in proposing and implementing improvements and bug fixes
- Self-starter, detail oriented
- Great oral and communication skills, ability to collaborate with creative teams
Apply today to learn more about this role if you are interested! Reach out to Onward Play (division of Onward Search), submit an application and let's connect.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB