Onward Search is looking for a Video Game Design Director to join our game development studio client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, direct hire opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: While this position is located onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market are encouraged to apply; relocation assistance is available. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- Partner with the core Design Team to drive the creation and refinement of game designs.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Design Team members and the Producer to define scope, schedule design tasks, and meet milestone demands.
- Perform ongoing design to iterate on, improve, and flesh out the game design throughout the development process from early design to post release add-ons.
- Partner with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the game design, as well as game feature development goals and execution.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative efforts to implement and balance gameplay features, based on the design.
- Mentor the design team to grow their skill sets and capabilities.
- Partner with the Design Manager to provide feedback and assist in career development for relevant parts of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, video game design, or a related field preferred. Experience may be substituted.
- 7+ years of professional experience in video game design including experience designing both single-player and multiplayer campaigns.
- 2+ years of experience leading video game design teams in both hands-on and conceptual game development and design.
- Must have shipped at least TWO products as a Senior Designer or higher.
- Excellent design skills and thorough understanding of game design theory.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to "think outside the box" when designing, challenge existing design paradigms, and push the envelope of design.
- A strong desire for delivering a high level of quality, with an awareness of what the prevailing standards of quality are in game design.
- Ability to function well during high stress and high-pressure circumstances.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team structure
- A demonstrated ability to make wise decisions regarding game design.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.