Onward Search is looking for a Video Game Producer to join our game development studio client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, direct hire opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: While this position is located onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market are encouraged to apply; relocation assistance is available. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- You will help drive new titles and future updates more efficiently and effectively from start to completion across multiple platforms.
- You must have a strong understanding of how each discipline operates and interacts with one another as well as the experience to anticipate, identify, and resolve production issues.
- Develop schedules with internal and external teams, team leads, and executive management.
- Manage projects to schedule including highlighting task priorities, departmental interdependencies, and resource issues and risks.
- Assist in producing and maintaining related budgets and cost forecasts for projects.
- Understand and plan for all project deliverables, including internally and externally required build and marketing/PR needs.
- Identify production issues and conflicts between schedule, cost, and project scope targets and offering solutions.
- Maintain communications with all team members, team leads, and executive management, both internally and externally.
- Understand and contribute to company goals and core values while also bringing a positive and collaborative approach to all project related activities.
- Make suggestions and assist in process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or certification in business, project management, video game design, or a related field preferred. Experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of professional experience in video game production including experience designing both single-player and multiplayer campaigns.
- Must have shipped at least TWO products with production credit.
- Project management experience (including Scrum, Kanban, and traditional waterfall methodologies and tools, as well as the ability to prioritize and solve problems). JIRA experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure and manage both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Attention to detail and the ability and more importantly the desire to handle potentially stressful development environments.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to develop project budgets and projections.
- Knowledge of gaming development process including first party submission requirements and the ability to play through game builds.
- Strong resource planning experience; skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Prior video game publishing experience preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.