Our client is a brand experience agency, specializing in user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences, and B2B experiential campaigns. As experiential alchemists, they blend the tactical and magical to create exceptional experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. Working collaboratively — cross-team, cross-discipline, and even across continents — we form lasting and meaningful partnerships with our clients and with each other.
Looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life.
The Graphics Designer/Motions Specialist is a full-time position in the creative department. It requires superior aesthetic, video, and motion graphics experience, and general design capabilities along with strong project management skills. The designer must possess the ability to manage, concept, and design for a wide range of projects and brands that require motion graphics or video editing support for both large-format live programming and broadcast viewing. Familiarity and ability to also support or design for any of the following areas is a plus, but not required: branding design, UI design, presentation & layout design, large or small-scale print production.
This individual should excel at analyzing a brand’s existing design aesthetic and concept new graphic extensions for momentary experiential activations and long-term VOD content. This position requires an articulate and thoughtful designer who commits to the importance of telling impactful brand stories through quality creative design and animation. This individual can also define video project timelines and execute them within budget parameters. Ensuring proper file types and render settings are met for delivery to our vendors is also essential to the success of this role.
The position is temporarily a hybrid of in-office and remote work, and will gradually revert to a fully in-person role operating from our Detroit office.
- Creates and visualizes graphic components across broadcast, digital, interactive, and event design. This includes managing, concepting, and designing for projects that require motion graphics or video editing support for both large-format live event programming and broadcast viewing.
- Designs and animates high quality, accurate creative content, with strong attention to detail
- Supports design for one or some of the following areas: branding design, UI design, presentation & layout design, large or small-scale print production.
- Maintains high skill levels in relevant design software and platforms
- Consults with and presents to internal stakeholders and clients as needed to express strategy, tactics, and design implemented to meet project objectives
- Follows set brand identity standards per client or project guidelines, while displaying a proven ability to work on multiple projects at once for a wide range of brands, audiences, and industries
- Supports definition of client-facing project timelines for animation, video, and graphic deliverables
- Manages personal responsibilities and timelines, while ensuring the release of final files to clients or vendors, including final edits, packaged working files, and production-ready assets
- Collaborates fluidly and communicates deliverables proficiently with a cross-departmental team (Client Services, Business Development, Production, and Creative)
- Superior file management and organizational methodology, following department guidelines
- Reports to the Group Creative Director
- BA or equivalent required in design-focused major (animation, visual effects, graphic design). We also understand many talented individuals did not attend a university or portfolio school, so if you have the equivalent experience, we encourage you to apply.
- 3-5 years of experience in the graphic design related industry
- A portfolio of beautiful and versatile design samples that demonstrate applicable project work to our industry
- High proficiency in some or all of the following: :
- Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, etc)
- 3D Modelling tools (Cinema 4D, Blender, Sketch, etc)
- Apple Keynote & Microsoft Powerpoint
- Google Workspace (Slides, Docs, Sheets)
- Ability to design for the web and other digital mediums. HTML5 Animation is a plus.
- Skilled at presenting ideas clearly and listening effectively
- Strong self-motivation and time management skills required
- Must be an effective project leader, a clear communicator and consensus builder, highly organized, very detail-oriented, and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
If you have an amazing reel and looking for your next challenge, please introduce yourself! As business continues to ramp up, this hire is a priority and will move quickly! Don't delay.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB