Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an up and coming visual designer working out of our clients San Jose, CA office. Our client is re-defining the eCommerce landscape through use of social media and creative campaigns targeting generations of audiences. Currently they are seeking this individual on a 6 month extendable contract basis. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
The ideal candidate combines a passion for social innovation, elevated design/layout native to each channel and an understanding of how to work with photo and video assets. You will collaborate with art directors, copywriters, designers, producers, photographers and social strategists to ensure the creative aligns with our global vision, brand guidelines and drives engagement and e-commerce.
What you will do:
• Work with internal stakeholders and agency partners to deliver creative assets that support strategic campaign goals
• Strong design and layout skills (working knowledge of photography, video and animation a huge plus)
• Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design
• Precise attention to detail, combined with an ability to analyze the hierarchy of information
• Excellent Photo retouching skills (including cropping, color correction, clipping masks, drop shadows, etc.)
• Partner with external agency partners , copywriters, art directors, cross-functional business partners and creative directors to ensure the work is brand appropriate, channel appropriate, best in class and delivers on the business strategy
• Be self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovative creative solutions that engage consumers with our brand and drive e-commerce
What you bring to the table:
• 2+ years of experience in digital marketing at leading Agencies or on the client side and a comfort (and experience) leading both art and copy direction.
• Bachelor's degree in Multimedia/Digital Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field preferred
• Experience developing innovative digital marketing campaigns with a strong proficiency on social media platforms for Fortune 500 companies
• Excellent knowledge of social and ecommerce best practices
• An exceptional portfolio that represents a wide range of elegant, unexpected, holistic creative solutions that work seamlessly across multiple social channels
• Proficient in all creative software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects skills and Sketch)
• Working knowledge of retail and experiential design, brand development and ecommerce a plus
• Proficient in social media platforms and tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat
• Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
• Exceptional written, verbal communication skills and persuasive, professional presentational skills
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO_
SHARE THIS JOB
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Our client, a consumer electronics company, is looking for a Freelance Production Designer with 2+ years of experience, preferably with experience in lifestyle, fitness/wellness, tech, or fashion/beauty. This is a 2+ month contract, 20-30 hrs/wk and 100% remote. The Production Designer will design and execute visual concepts and ideas that represent the brand. This position requires the development of overall creative layout and production design for all of our client's brand & marketing touchpoints. These include e-commerce, 360-degree campaigns, packaging, and visual merchandising
Our client, an internet marketing service, is seeking a Freelance Marketing Designer to join their team. This position will be 5-10 hrs/wk for 3 months. This role is 100% remote and must be comfortable working on pacific time hours. Responsibilities include: Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates Work with Marketing team to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs Manage and produce design w
Onward Search is looking for a Lead Designer to join our corporate marketing client for a contract-to-hire position that starts ASAP. This is with an SF-based, but 100% remote candidates will be considered as long as you're able to work Pacific Time hours. This is a hands-on role that reports to the Creative Director and works with a small team of designers. This position requires someone to lead by example, to be able to concept, design, and handle the production of both print and digital campaigns in a fast-paced environment. You will work within brand guidelines on POP, POS, in-sto
As a mid-level production artist, you’re an expert at production and love to bring both digital and print projects to life with enthusiasm and precision. You are a creative problem solver and have an eagle-eye for the details. With each project, you look for opportunities to deliver with excellence, automate workflows and even learn new skills if that’s what it takes to ensure that our team is delivering the best work possible. This role requires a strong foundation in design, the drive to carry out a creative vision and the laser-focus to add the right amount of finesse to every asset.
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.