Onward Search has an exciting Visual Design freelance opportunity with a premier client in Palo Alto. This Visual Designer to join our exciting team and create visible and impactful change!
You will use the design thinking methodology to start with empathy for the users of the system.
You will work closely with product, technical and design leaders to re-imagine the end-to-end- experience in a fast-paced environment.
You will have the exciting opportunity to co-create a new brand identity and visual system, and creatively communicate this through all touch points online and offline!
Role and responsibilities:
- Participate in the full design process from user research, concept creation, story boarding, interaction design and visual design
- You will work closely with the leadership team to translate business strategy into compelling visual artifacts
- You will collaborate with an experienced agency to create a brand identity for the new venture
- You will translate this brand identity to a visual system for all touchpoints both online and offline, to customers, stakeholders and general public!
- You will express your creativity through authentic storytelling and attractive artifacts such as posters, infographics, posters, videos etc.
- You will create high quality keynote and PowerPoint presentations to be used internally and externally
- Recently completed or working towards a degree in graphic design, visual design, or other related fields
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Familiarity with design thinking and service design
- Ability to communicate abstract design concepts visually, in a beautiful, clear and engaging manner
- Proficiency with design tools (i.e. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Axure)
- Understanding of UX design principles and ability to apply design principles in a user interface context
- Ability to collaborate across various functional areas in the organizations and make the case for change through design
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.