Our client is looking for an experienced visual design consultant to join their digital experience design team. The ideal candidate brings expertise in information design, interaction design, and data visualization, and is excited to help improve peoples’ lives (at work) and achieve clear business goals. Our clients users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry) and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to that complexity. As a design team, they delve into the problem-space by leveraging any one of the various techniques designers have for finding insights that others can’t. And with those insights, they also guide the products’ evolution. To that end, thier designers must be part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers.
The Visual Designer role is an integral part of the team. Our VDs are co-owners of the design and identity of their next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications. VDs develop the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends (e.g. data science, block chain, and new application frameworks).
- Create and evolve the visual design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
- Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the product
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of red-lines and assets) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Be a trained Graphic Designer / Information Designer who balances expertise in ‘craft’ with an academic interest in the relevant fields of Design (theories of visual perception and cognition, among other things)
- Can skilfully represent the visual design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with our business and technology partners
- Comfortable employing skills across all stages of the design and development process including conception, design, standardization, specification, and enforcement
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- Be an exceptional multi-tasker who’s quick and organized
- You stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex application, sites, mobile et. al
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive products/sites, and where possible data visualization
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a professional capacity as a visual designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
- Solid understanding and experience following (ADA) accessibility design guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB