Our client, a Fortune 500 organization with offices in Charlotte, NC, is seeking a UX Architect to lead the interaction design of complex initiatives by applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, design best practices and standards to create usable, useful and relevant end-to-end user experiences. This person will work to develop voice interaction architecture and will serve as the steward for the overall interaction model while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end user needs.
This role is unique in its emphasis on conversation design (including voice, virtual assistant, and chat) and creating consistent, innovative experiences across channels.
• Partner directly with other UX practitioners currently working on experiences in the conversation design space
• Work closely with product management to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
• Ability to design & envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
• Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
• Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions
• Create customer journeys, storyboards and prototypes that communicate interaction and design ideas
• Develop detailed design specifications for transactional and informational virtual assistant and chat experiences
• Considerate of and focused on conceiving and delivering fantastic end-to-end, multi-modal experiences, with appreciation of flow, context, micro-interactions, performance, and tone
• Contribute to and evangelize conversation design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent experience across the brand
• Be open to feedback and engage in active listening
• Work collaboratively with other UXD practitioners (UX Architects, Visual Designers, Front-End Engineers, Content Strategist), technologists, and management on interaction design principles and best practices
• Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentoring others in UX design methodologies
• 3+ years as a UX designer, UX writer, content strategist or conversation designer in highly collaborative environments
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, English, Information Sciences, Psychology, and/or Human Factors
• Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (voice or chat) in an agile environment
• Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
• Proficient in MS Visio, Omnigraffle
• Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
• Ability to communicate and present concepts both verbally and visually
• Must be able to share work that conveys depth and breadth of previous design work
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
No jobs found
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.