Onward Search has a new opportunity with a client that is looking for a freelance Web Editor. This client is looking for an individual who is a passionate web editor to research, plan, write, and edit web content. This individual should also be a skilled writer and researcher, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing.
This freelance web editor position has an immediate onsite start at our client’s office in New York. If your goal is to produce creative web content to appeal to a diverse audience, apple today!
- Producing, proofreading, editing, and publishing new content in a creative way
- Liaising with team members to decide on new posts
- Overseeing layout (images, graphics, videos, and artwork)
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g., web designers, marketing executives, and photographers) to improve presentation
- Use SEO and social media
- Ensure content is up to date and check content for accuracy
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity and keep track of developments in web technology
- At least 6 years of experience as web editor
- Hands on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, and any other publishing tools
- Proficiency in SEO and familiarity with content management systems
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Great attention to detail and creative mind
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.