As a WordPress developer, you are responsible for making sure each website is correctly built and maintained. You are a problem solver, and you know how to evaluate several options in order to pick the solution that best fits the clients’ requirements and the project budget and timeline. You take pride in your work, and you help ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed company standards.
How you might spend your day:
- Researching, testing, and selecting themes, page builders, and plugins that best implement clients’ site requirements.
- Designing and implementing a content architecture, a migration strategy and a URL redirect strategy for a large-scale site migration.
- Migrating site content into WordPress, both manually and programmatically.
- Providing code reviews and detailed content QA and testing feedback.
- Surfacing potential issues and custom development needs as early as possible.
- Staying on top of new WordPress updates and features as well as current trends in web development.
- Working within our defined systems and processes and meeting or beating estimates based on the project’s budget and timeline.
- Assisting our team to absolutely delight our clients so that they tell everyone how awesome we are!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Demonstrated mastery of WordPress, with multiple sample sites to show off.
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- A mobile-first design approach.
- A strong understanding of browser compatibility and testing techniques as well as the ability to debug and correct identified issues.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML, etc).
- Experience working with code version control tools (Git, SVN, etc).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing and able to learn from and share with others.
- The ability to get this far in our bullet-heavy document and not need a double espresso!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.