As a freelance Writer/Editor, you will be responsible for pitching and writing stories covering general economic trends (e.g., gdp, unemployment, housing, etc) and other personal finance topics, while making these concepts accessible and helpful for our audience. You'll be counted on to develop timely and engaging stories with original, on-brand angles, with a quick turnaround. In addition to crafting these pieces, you will be counted on to work across departments to find research to support your story. If you have a passion for bringing simplicity, transparency and entertainment to the world of personal finance this is your kind of position.
- Identify, pitch and create stories relevant to potential bank customers/those interested in personal finance topics, and pitch and write articles quickly - often within hours
- Seeking specific subject matter expertise in financial markets, investing and general economics
- Experience as a writer or editor covering personal finance, economic writing or other service-driven topics
- Knowledge of general macroeconomics topics is key
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is a plus
- Superb attention to detail, even under deadline
- Passion for storytelling and pitching
- Strong sense of urgency around news, trending topics and helpful information; ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB